Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Symphony of Retro Games

Maybe its just because I have been immersed in the world of retro games since the Wii Launch, or maybe its because I have a sub-conscious longing to relive the days of my youth, but for the last little while I have been thoroughly enamored with retro gaming. And this news from gamespot does little to end my courtship. Still, I find it a little concerning that the games I am most looking forward to this year are largely the same as the games I was most looking forward to in 1997. Even Comand and Conquer 3, the game I am most looking forward to this spring, I expect to be largely unchanged from the "fight, win, prevail" days of old. Is this a trend? Are all the good ideas gone? Or am I just overreacting in the face of the barren video-game wasteland that we see every January?

No comments: