Thursday, January 11, 2007

Re: Symphony of Retro Games

No, I do not think all the good ideas are gone. References: Gears of War, Lost Planet, Okami, and Shadow of the Colossus, all of which have been released in the last fifteen months or so. That's enough proof for me that there are still original (and good) ideas out there.

I also disagree that this season is a "barren wasteland." In the next month, we get the following:

Lost Planet
Rogue Galaxy
Forza Motorsport 2
Crackdown
Persona 3

That seems pretty bountiful to me, and that's only what's coming for the PS2 and 360 that I can think of off the top of my head. And yes, I did come up with Persona 3 off the top of my head: I'm always excited about a game where you execute attacks by shooting yourself in the head. I'm serious! Find a gameplay video and see for yourself!

No comments: