Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Best Sim Ever?

Over the weekend I went through my pile of games, weeding out the good from the not-so-good and stacking up the truly great. In the process a great fight started, one that I think belongs on the blog.

I love to build things. I don't mean bookshelves. I mean roller coasters, sim houses, and zoos. When I judge a sim game I measure it against the greatest Sim game of all time...Roller Coaster Tycoon.

Roller Coaster Tycoon has it all: the ability to manipulate a lot of items, challenging scnearios, fun graphics and gameplay, great music, and awesome expansions. I'm not exactly sure what controls making people buy more sodas when the price goes down, but the cause and effect of gameplay is right on (in some other knock off sims I am greatly disappointed). It's addicting and fun, exactly what a video game should be.

So make your case...Roller Coaster Tycoon, Railroad Tycoon, Zoo Tycoon...which do you think is best? I'd love to tell you why you're wrong.

No comments: