Thursday, January 18, 2007

Idle Hands

Avenger has recently been critical of the film known as Idle Hands. I protest this. Seth Green, Jessica Alba, and the rest of the cast of that movie provided me with a highly enjoyable experience. It was ridiculous, but who can dislike a movie with quotes like:

"Guy: I mean, there was this bright white light at the end of a long tunnel, right, and there was these chicks' voices, and that music... kinda uncool music, like, Enya. And these chicks' voices, they were saying, "come to us, come towards the light".

Other guy: So what happened?

Guy: We figured, f*** it, I mean, it was really far! "

What does this have to do with games? Campiness! I love movies like Idle Hands or Not Another Teen Movie. Other than games like Simpsons: Hit and Run and a few other series (mostly platformers like Jak and Daxter) dorky comedy is sorely lacking. I would like to see campy games come out with silly plots that are supposed to be silly, not just poorly written stories that are so stupid they are funny.

No comments: