Saturday, February 24, 2007

Re: Power PC

This isn't quite what you're talking about, but this does bring up something interesting in the computer vs. console game battle. It seems that more women play games on a computer than a console. Part of that, I think is our aversion to sitting down at a console and dumping 14 hours into an RPG (we don't have that kind of time...an article on this particular issue is forthcoming). But, truly, why do I like games on a computer more than games on a console?

Seeing as how the games I play on the computer are the more simple strategy games and I probably wouldn't know a difference in graphics if you showed them to me side-by-side (although that did work when I was convinced of the greatness of DVDs over VHS) there is something about playing computer that works better for me. Maybe it's because I'm a girl and didn't grow up with a controller in my hand or maybe it's because I'm lazy and using a mouse with some button clicking is easier than two hands on a controller. The other hand can be used for drinking something yummy and I don't miss out on some complicated button mashing battle tactics.

I'm not sure what it is but I've played the Sims on both computer and playstation 2 and I like the computer version much better. I think I just have more control over things on a computer.

No comments: