Friday, March 09, 2007

Clearing out the backlog

Every once in a while, I tend to drift away from playing RPGs. The last few months has been one of those times, which can be largely contributed to me getting a 360; a system that has almost zero RPG representation. Usually, I'll gradually drift back into RPGs. It's a natural process: it's like sleeping, only with more reading.

Well, right now I don't have time for nature to take its course. Here's what's headed for the rest of the year: Odin Sphere, Children of Mana, Mass Effect, Blue Dragon, Lost Odyssey, Persona 3, Shining Force EXA, and (hopefully) Dragon Age. That's one hell of a list. Plus, on top of that I'm still in the middle of: Rogue Galaxy, Magical Starsign, Ar Tonelico, Disgaea 2, Enchanted Arms, and Final Fantasy 3 among others. So, this weekend, it's time for me to glue my ass to my recliner and get some serious game-playing in. It's time to forcibly re-dedicate myself to RPGs, and try to make a dent in my huge (and I mean huge) back-log of games.

Also a few notes on GDC:
1. As Sidious mentioned, Warhawk losing its single-player campaign sucks. Apparently it's because "single player just wasn't up to par." Did I miss something? When did developers start scrapping entire halves of games? So what if it wasn't "up to par." A sub-par single player campaign is better than no single-player at all.
2. I read some notes on Miyamoto's keynote. Didn't seem very impressive. Maybe I needed to be there.
3. I'm always worried when there is a large congregation of people in the internets. The Home lobby seems destined to become the console version of the "Barrens' chat" phenomenon. Color me skeptical.

Finally, wtf is up with daylight savings starting this weekend? It's March! Welcome to the shortest weekend of the year. :(

No comments: