Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Game Companies are Evil

In honor of Jimmy's previous post:

I need more money
Game companies are evil
Many releases

That (wonderful) haiku sums up my thoughts on the coming month. Check this out:

This week: Disgaea 2
9/5: Okami
9/12: NHL '07
9/19: Valkyrie Profile 2 & NEVERWINTER NIGHTS 2*!!! W00T!!!111
9/26: Baten Kaitos Origins

So, yeah. Good thing I currently have nice little credit on my credit card that will net me one of those for (essentially) nothing, that's still ridiculous. In the last 4 months, I have purchased 2 games, and now all of a sudden there are 6 that I want to buy coming out in a month. Because of that there at least 2 or 3 of them that I probably won't buy in the next few months. That means that when I eventually buy them, the game companies lose out on a sale, since I'm almost certainly going to buy used. Hey, I'm value conscious. If companies didn't always save all of their good games for the fall, then this is a non-issue.

In addition, I also want a ninja action-RPG. I think this kind of valuable ninja experience would personally make me a Ninja Lord, and that's as high as a ninja can go. Seriously, anyone who tells you that there is a rank above Ninja Lord is lying.

* Edit: I took this date from GameInformer, which is apparently wrong, since Gamestop has it listed for October 17th. I tend to believe the people selling the game.

No comments: